We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. When handling your personal information, Tax For You will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The policy may be occasionally updated. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you agree with any changes.
What Personal Information Does Tax For You Collect?
Tax For You may collect the following information:
- Contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth, Tax File Number (TFN), Australian Business Numbers (ABN), etc.;
- Government identifiers such as drivers’ licence, passport and Medicare numbers and visa/work permit status;
- Financial information about your assets, occupation and income, investments, account balances, account activities, and payment history;
- Details of superannuation insurance arrangements;
- other information relevant in the circumstances.
How Does Tax For You Collect Your Personal Information?
Our usual process of collecting personal information is to obtain it directly from you. We may also collect personal information from other sources, including but not limited to:
the Australian Taxation Office
- your other advisers (if any)
- your suppliers or creditors
- through paid search providers
- through marketing or business development events, or
- from banks or other credit providers.
We will only collect the personal information from these other sources if it is necessary to provide you with the accounting or business advisory service, or you have instructed us to collect your personal information from those sources.
Tax for you is required, under our professional obligations, to issue you with an engagement agreement for some matters (see APES 230 and 305). For this reason, we will need to collect your contact details before proceeding with the accounting or business advisory services.
Why Does Tax For You Need Your Personal Information?
Tax For You collects, holds, uses and discloses this information generally to provide you with an accounting or business advisory services. There may be several other reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- to respond to requests or queries;
- to maintain contact with clients;
- to notify clients of seminars and other events and to seek feedback;
- identifying and informing you of services that may be of interest to you;
- to manage any conflict of interest or independence issues;
- to meet any regulatory obligations;
- as part of a corporate transaction; or
- for any other business-related purposes.
Tax For Your takes steps, where personal information is used or disclosed, reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Tax For You.
If you do not provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the accounting or business advisory service. In some cases, it may be possible for you to provide us with some but not other personal information. You can ask us if this is possible before providing us with your information.
Whom Does Tax For You Disclose Your Personal Information?
Your personal information may be disclosed to other entities for the purpose in which it was collected as mentioned in the section above, ‘Why does Tax For You need your personal information?’. This may include, but not limited to, disclosing your personal information to:
- government agencies,
- external auditors
- banks, insurance providers, and superannuation funds
- other services providers or referral partners to provide accounting and business service to you.
- to assist in our functions or activities (such as debt collection agencies or law firms), contractors or consultants,
- third party software providers that you use
- our third-party technology providers such as our data storage providers or email filter providers.
We may transfer or send your personal information to an overseas partner to provide accounting or business advisory services to you. If we do disclose personal information to an offshore partner, to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected, including a related use, we are required to take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient of your personal information does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles or a similar law concerning your personal information.
When Tax For You discloses your personal information to third parties, it is on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with the law. Tax For You may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
You Can Unsubscribe At Any Time
Although Tax For You would like to stay in touch, you can unsubscribe at any time – click on the unsubscribe link in any of our emails or contact us via email to unsubscribe from our mailing list. email@example.com
Tax For You take your security very seriously and take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure. Personal information may be stored both electronically on our computer system, and in hard-copy form. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
- SSL encryption: Secure Sockets Layer protocol protects your online transactions and provides communications privacy over the internet. This allows your computer to communicate with our server in a way that prevents forgery. Your credit card number is also “one-way” encrypted as it enters our databases.
- Firewalls, passwords, anti-virus software and email filters also act to protect your electronic information.
- Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally have to request proof of identity from you.
- Credit card information is never stored. We securely submit credit card information to our bank for processing.
Tax For You use traffic log cookies to identify page usage. This helps analyse data about customer traffic, allowing the website to be improved, based on customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, and this data is then removed from the system.
Cookies provide you with a better website experience by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful. A cookie does not give Tax For You access to your computer or any personal information, other than the data you have chosen to share.
You can either accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers now automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to decline cookies. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Tax For You website.
Links To Other Websites
Tax For You website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links and have left our site, you should note that Tax For You has no control over other websites. We, therefore, cannot be responsible for the protection of any information which you provide while visiting such sites. This privacy statement does not govern these external sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website you are visiting.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You can restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
- When you fill in a form on the website, there will always be an option to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- However, if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes and change your mind, please write or email Tax For You.
If you believe that any information Tax For You is holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.
Whom Can You Contact If You Have Further Questions Or If You Wish To Make A Complaint?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact the Tax For You Privacy Officer at:
Privacy Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that the Privacy Officer has not adequately handled your query or issue, you may complain to the Complaints Officer whose contact details are as follows:
Complaints Officer: email@example.com
We take all the privacy complaints we receive seriously. We will acknowledge the receipt of a complaint immediately and will work with you to resolve it. If you believe that Tax For You has not adequately handled your privacy complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) whose contact details are as follows:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
1300 363 992
Where can I find out more about my privacy rights?
For further information about privacy and the protection of privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.